Civic SI Mileage

I don't know but with manual transmission you can reach higher speeds than automatic but is the mileage better condsidering the high price of gas now?

Reply to
BBALLFREAK

is the si even available in automatic?

Reply to
jim beam

The Si Only comes in a Manual Tranny, so there is nothing to compare it to. As for mileage, the Si is not built for mileage. I average about 25-27 in mixed driving, and can get about 32 on the highway.

Reply to
Joe LaVigne

That's about what I got with my 01 Prelude when I owned it.

Reply to
tww1491

Si is for people who want fun. For gas misers there is prius and similar shitboxes.

Reply to
isquat

Now you'll have a lot of Si owners thinking that maybe they bought a car for idiots...

Reply to
mjc1

Ever driven a Prius?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I've not (nor would I call one a shit box), but I am getting curious now, after seeing that a guy was able to get 168 Mpg out of one... ;)

Reply to
Joe LaVigne

I have a 2007 Prius shitbox, and I love it.

I also have a 2006 Accord and a 2005 Pilot. But I am averaging 55mpg for my commuting.

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man

There was a segment on Good Morning America yesterday. There is a group of guys in (IIRC) So Cal that have competitions for best mileage. They break a number of safety rules to get there, of course, and probably cost themselves more in tires and such than they save in gas, but it was at least interesting...

Reply to
Joe LaVigne

Well, its design does allow strange driving techniques to get good mileage.

What's most interesting is that its design allows NORMAL people driving NORMALLY using the SAME driving methods they've always used, to realize huge gains in gas mileage.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

If you're buying a 200HP Si...

WHO CARES?!?!?!?!

Get a Fit...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Add a mast and a spinnaker, put that Prius to shame!

J.

Reply to
JXStern

2001 Civic EX Coupe, 5-sp Manual, 205/60R15 Kuhmo Solus KH16 @ 34psi:, Oil = 5-20 Castrol GTX, 232000 miles: 40MPG at 70mph consistently, without fail , day-in/day-out.
Reply to
Zorro_2K

what is normal for me is the gas pedal to the floor. car mags took prius to the track on a few occasions and got mileage in teens. what i'm trying to tell is that on a twisty switchback unclogged with other drivers you'd get shitty mileage IF you like spirited driving and IF you can stand doing such a thing in prius. but, if you did, you would not have bought a prius. to each it's own. si is built for people who like to drive as opposed to vegetate in the rush hour traffic. 'nuff said.

Reply to
isquat

okay, i'll bite. you mean what you really wanted a a DX/LX/EX but bought a properly geared car instead and have the buyer's remorse at the gas station? Sell your SI and buy a civic with relaxed gearing or something else if you hate the company, but make no mistake about it: you WILL know exactly what you are missing. along with the relaxed gearing on lesser civic comes mushroom suspension, slightly lesser engine and the list goes on.

i, for one, having bought 2005 outback sport absolutely positively hate now all the shitboxes with the relaxed gearing and would do everything i can to prevent the bastardization of the gearing ratios on the cars that currently have them right.

i think if Honda were to make the gearing taller the car magazines would notice it and prospective si drives would have the sense to leave in droves.

i would not mind the car getting lighter but i assume it's expensive to do and i don't expect civics to become any lighter. if anything it's simpler to drop si powertrain into fit and change the cladding for a "sporty" look (remove 3 doors is considered to make a car sporty??? for some idiots i guess.)

Reply to
isquat

Prius?!

No Prius! '05 Scion tC (wish I'd bought the Si, but 3-4 months was too long to wait...) and an '88 Supra, with a Direct Connection to the Gulf station's tanks downtown! ;)

The tC is rated at 165 HP. The Si is a shade less than 200. I can't even

*imagine* it! Whoooo-Hooooo! But I like the seating position in the Si a *LOT* better than the tC.

Next time...

Reply to
Hachiroku