Civic SI PCV valve

I have a 1999 Civic SI. I`m in the midst of doing a tune up. All`s going well until i come to change my PCV valve. where the hell is this thing??? It is certainly not in plain view. I`ve even gotten under
the car. There is a tube going through a square cutout on the intake manifold that vanishes into oblivion below. Please dont say its at the end of this tube.??? I cant even get my hand on it let alone a tool. Help. A pic would be great
cheers
Mark
Item 6 at http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Civic&catcgry2 99&catcgry3-R+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=BREATHER+CHAMBER++%283%29+%28DOHC+VTEC%29

Yeah i`ve seen that diagram before , but cant make a clean distinction as to exact location on the block. Hard to see exact location of where hoses plug in to get a bearing

Try here: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/pcv-replace/index.html#replace
This might lead you to yours.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
on my 98 you can't see it until you remove the oil filter.
Tegger wrote:

Why the hell do automakers do this sort of thing?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

because they don't want YOU fixing/maintaining your own car. They want you to bring it to a Honda dealer.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

no, it's simpler than that. the motor have to have blow-by vented from the block, not the head. both ends of the block have stuff in the way. the front has exhaust in the way. the rear has intake manifold in the way, but at least you can get at it. kinda. bear in mind also, some things are designed to be serviced with benefit of vehicle hoist.

How do you figure that?
The B18 as installed in the '94 and up Integra has the PCV valve in the valve cover. Our Toyota Tercel is the same way.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

ok, you /can/ have blow-by extraction from the top, not bottom, but since it's /coming/ from the bottom in the first place, and it's best not to have excessive opportunity to dump condensates, extracting at source is the ideal solution.