Civic Special Edition

Can anyone tell me about the MP3 player in the Special Edition? Does it read burned CD's well?

Reply to
Brad Nishida

I don't have any idea, but I sure the hell wouldn't buy a car because it comes with a mp3 player. Honestly if you want the best stereo just buy one, anyhow, stock stereos normally suck.

You want something good, buy a PIONEER DEH-P8600MP. It's $800, and you can buy it on ebay for $319, just go to

Item number: 5786530092

Thats what I have, and its the best. Buy it, and get a amp, and box and your all set. It will beat any stock stereo.

Reply to
mopa

cool Now if you will install it for me and include alloy wheels and the spoiler for another $100 I'll be happy.

Brad Nishida

I have it and it plays MP3's on CD-R just fine. One minor complaint is when a song title has too many characters, the excess gets cut off. I'd prefer if it would scroll the entire title, but it certainly wasn't a deal-breaker.

Reply to
Gene G

yeah, like the other guy said it does not scroll text, and it does not have an RCA output.

But it has played everything I've burned without issuses.

Reply to
Jamco

Even the after market MP3 players don't show the entire title of a track. This is just something they haven't been able to change, but I am sure they will in a year or so.

They change everything else.

Reply to
mopa

my old honda with my aftermarket kentwood deck scrolled the text, so it showed a hell of a lot more text then the honda stereo

Reply to
Jamco

can anyone tell me what the model number is on this unit for the special edition? i want to get a remote for it. thank u

Reply to
jbrew