Civic Starting with half a tank

Hi Folks, I have a 2000 Civic HB. It has 76000 kms (I purchased it with 48000 kms). I have noticed ever since owning the car that if there is 1/3 tank of gas
remaining or less that it seems to have trouble starting. (i.e. it's not instant as when there's a full tank.) The starter will turn over for about 3 seconds, and then it starts. Thoughts? -chris
Chris wrote:

Listen to your fuel pump while doing the 'lamp check'. If it seems to run longer your theory may be right. It will probably start better just because you waited for it to get pressurized. Report back your findings. Why it needs to be (re)pressurized at all is another whole discussion....
'Curly'
my 98 civic has done this since new. For some reason it takes longer to prime the fuel line when the tank is less than 1/2 full.