civic vti brake rattle

hi guys thanks for the help on my other issue got a new one to pick your brains with, recently i ve noticed a rattle from my rear brakes on exploring all the bushes and replacing them!!!! i found that the
brake pads a were a slight smaller, they would fit in but they had movement after putting the caliper back on. there is movement from side to side as it is not a perfect fit as they are not long enough to fit tight, i have put aftermarket pad and original Honda pads replaced all shims and anti rattle plates but no joy. have you guys got any idea to solve this as it really bugs me when i go over a cobbled round or an uneven road surface. would any other pads from Honda do the trick? heelllllppppp!
is it possible that someone changed the calipers to a bigger size?

i did have the calipers replaced (recon ones) about 6 months ago and replaced them with aftermarket pads no rattles then, why now?
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

Is it possible that an independent garage did the work and replaced major parts, with just slightly different sized ones, or left off 'minor' pieces, or used aftermarket pads that are just 'slightly' different from factory pads?

i got recon honda calipers and genuine honda pads with all shims and plates put on
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk wrote in

Do your calipers have the anti-rattle spring still in them? This spring is made of sheet stainless steel. When you install the caliper, the spring must be compressed (you need to push down on the caliper) before you can put the caliper mounting bolts into the pins.
If the spring is missing or deformed, it will not clamp the pads down and the pads will rattle. I have also seen the ends break or wear off the springs, to the same effect.
The good part about this is that the rattle shows your caliper pistons are obviously working correctly!
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

I forgot to say: it looks kind of like a bent I-beam. (If yours look like mine; you don't say what year your car is.)
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

dont know about that but i will check it out, garage did mention that the pads should have a clip or something to puull both pads together around the disc, thanks for the info!!!!
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk wrote in

Not "pull the pads together", but push them down onto the bracket. They bear from the top, not the sides.
If that spring is missing or broken, you'll get all kinds of noise.