Cleaning Inside of Rear Window

'07 Accord sedan with defroster wires on inside of rear glass. What's the recommended way to clean the glass without damaging the wires?

On 7/5/2010 4:55 PM, Richard Blaine wrote:

    Spray window cleaner on window, wipe off and buff to a shine.

what does your OWNERS MANUAL say? RTFM.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Those "wires" are pretty tough. Stay away from sandpaper, steel wool, and chisels, and you're fine with whatever you use.
--
Tegger

On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 16:55:50 -0400, Richard Blaine

That is probably the goofiest question yet on this NG.

Maybe. But those "wires" do look like paint, so it would be natural for some to assume the wires may be easily dissolved or damaged.
--
Tegger

On 7/6/2010 7:23 AM, Tegger wrote:

I have seen some cars where there are breaks to the defroster grid, but it is usually on much older vehicles.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/maintenance/4221212
I have also seen a few that have been repaired with the paint-on kits, and the repair has never looked very good. On my 1978 Datsun 280Z, I just took a razor blade and scraped the entire grid off.

Yeah right , Natural.

What's even goofier are the 9 different responses to this thread, with only one that contains any useful information.
Stewart wrote:

Lotsa tongue in cheek, though...

Haven't been around long, have you? :-)
--

- dillon I am not invalid

Toby (Tri-Umph That's the Sweet Truth)
Richard Blaine wrote:

Remove wires, clean back glass with with Windex, replace wires.

Ha good one. My first smile of the day, thanks.

FWIW - The manual for UK 2010 model CR-V quotes :-
"NOTICE
The rear window demister wires are bonded to the inside of the glass. Wiping vigorously up-and-down can dislodge and break the demister wires. When cleaning the rear window, use gentle pressure and wipe side-to-side."
This is preceded by instructions on various combinations of fluids and cloths/paper which I won't go into here, but I will quote them if asked and without any silly smart remarks.
Some of you folks are most uncharitable and arrogant - perhaps the guy with the 07 Accord lost the manual. Also he may not have got that far into it yet - after all it was on page 474 of 551 in mine!
Regards Traveller

You brits are special.
On 7/8/2010 6:58 AM, Clete wrote:

    Little short white bus special. :^)