Clicking sound when i apply breaks

Hello,
Another problem with my 2000 honda civic ex 4 door 54k miles. I just bought this car last month and i'm experiencing an clicking sound coming from the front end only when i apply the breaks. As i slow down,
so do the frequency of the clicks. So depending at what speed i start using the breaks the clicks are more frequent or less, so i'm assuming its something to do with the breaks but what??? and can it be fixed cause its frankly i dont like it, it feels like i'm driving a 1973 ford pinto with all the nuts and bolts loose.
Thanks for help in advance.
Luke wrote:

If it's a single click that occurs when you switch from forward to reverse (or v.v.), then that's due to the caliper design. Annoying, but normal, and not fixable. You can search google groups for many posts related to this.
If it's repeating clicks, then I don't know.
I've searched the groups before posting, but i didnt find anything that matched what my car is doing.
clicking starts only when i apply the breaks, and stops when i take my foot off the break.

Bucky,
My 2002 IS300 does the exact same thing. I called the Lexus dealer this morning and discussed this very issue with one of their technicians. He said "It's normal for your model car and it's due to the caliper design". I'm still going to have them check it out--because it seems to be a bit too audible if you asked me. So far this is the only complaint that I have in 3 years of ownership. If I have to live with it then so be it. It's not that big of a deal, although I would prefer that the noise be lessened or completely eliminated.
Ron M.
You never will know until you poll the brakes and check them.