clock on 2001 accord

I just purchased a 2001 Accord EX, and I have a question about the clock on the dash. Is it supposed to light up when the lights are turned on? I can't see it at night.

In article

It's supposed to light up whenever the car is on.
It pries right out of the dash. Just put a small flat blade at the bottom and pry. Disconnect the harness, and look for the very small bulb that's screwed into the back. Replace that. It's a couple bucks at the dealer.

Just replaced my clock bulb. Very simple. I didn't have to disconnect anything. I was able to pull the whole assembly out far enough to get at the bulb. Just a slight CW rotation and the bulb was out of it's socket.. MLD
Kevin wrote:

-----------------------------
Same procedure as for the Odyssey:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/odyssey/x01-097e.pdf
'Curly'

http://gwfweb.com/honda/pages/01clock.htm

Nope. On the Accord, it pries right out. On the Ody, you're pulling out half the dash. Stupid, but there you have it.
Thanks guys.

On 11/22/2007 9:36 AM motsco_ spake these words of knowledge:

Curly,
on the tsb you just referenced, look up in the upper right corner. See where it says, "Odyssey: Remove the instrument panel"? Not the same as the Accord, I must say.
This is as ugly as the instruction for replacing the headlamp bulb, which starts with, "Remove inner wheel well" or something similar.
Ah, well.
RFT!!! Dave Kelsen
--
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire,
a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should
Dave Kelsen wrote:

Sorry, I should have said: They're both covered _in_ the same TSB.
OOps.
'Curly'