clutch master cylinder

can a clutch master cylinder ruin a clutch,i caught the master cylinder going bad in time ,please tell me it doesnt

Reply to
rynniki

Not normally. What usually happens is that the clutch won't disengage when the master cylinder fails. The worst that could happen to the clutch is if the system jammed so it somehow kept enough pressure on the clutch to make it slip (that would be very rare - I've never heard of it actually happening), and you didn't really notice or didn't care. Slipping clutches are pretty obvious, so I think you can relax.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

thanks mike, for all your help with this question and my other questions,i am glad about my culutch cause its only a year old, also i think they said my slave cylinder was the reason it was leaking..

Reply to
rynniki