Combination switch imprecise in cold weather

My 2000 Accord's combination switch is iffy in cold weather. The left (light) stalk is fine, but on the right stalk I have to fish around to find the right spot to get the wipers going. It's just the twist
action -- the "mist" and washer fluid functions work fine.
Once the car warms up, there's no problem. What's going on here?
I had a similar problem on my 87 Accord some years back and replaced the whole combination switch. Manageable enough a job, but there was no airbag to contend with on that car...

Probably dirty contacts.
I had the same problem on an '83 Honda years ago. Turn signals, wiper - they would somtimes take a minute to react - not very useful for signalling a turn.
Carefully dismantled the switch, added some vaseline and now all is fine.