Complaint about 2007 Honda LX pre-installed cd player

I have looked and looked and I see no way to PAUSE a cd with this player! There is no PAUSE button!

My old car had a cheapie cd player and even it had a pause button, so that when I am listening to, say an audio book, and I get interrupted to pay a parking lot fee or some other quick interruption, I could just hit pause and resume quickly after I paid the fee.

But this cd is the only cd player I've ever seen in my life that doesn't have a pause button.

Very annoying.

Also, I took a cd out last night after playing it for less than an hour and the cd was HOT! I know cd players generate a certain amount of heat, but man, this thing was hot! Does not bode well for the life of the cd player, I fear. And probably isn't all that good for my cd's, either.

Guess I'll add this in my letter to Honda about the annoying and ugly child seating stickers on the visor.

Otherwise, I love my new Honda, and admittedly I'm nit-picking here, but for $17k+ I expect things to be nice.

Reply to
D.K.

"D.K." wrote in news:1170106850.337803.5300 @a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

According to your Owner's Manual: If you eject the CD but do not remove it, ten seconds later the system will automatically reload it and place in in Pause mode. You then press CD to resume.

Yeah, I agree. Pretty hokey.

Reply to
Tegger

Just a wild GUESS, but is your 'Honda' a Civic? There's a TSB about the plastic air vent falling off the heater and cooking the contents of the dash.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Additionally, if this unit works like the one in my '04 Civic, you can simply turn the radio off, and when you turn it on again it will start playing at the point where you turned it off.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Did you check the owner's manual?

I believe you'll find that if you press the center button and turn the CD Player/Radio off while a CD is playing, when you turn it back on it will start up in the same place.

I rarely use the CD changer on my 06 Accord but I'm pretty sure that's the way it works.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Yes, this is true, if you turn it off, it will pick up where you left off when you turn it back on. But this is NOT the same as Pause. First of all, it is more wear and tear on the system than pause would be, and 2nd, it takes about 10 seconds longer than pause would take.

Maybe this sounds like nit-picking, and it is, but nevertheless it is a crappy design for a cd player. And that heat issue is something that is NOT nit-picking.

Reply to
D.K.