computer i think.

i just got a 90 honda accord EX and they told me that it only starts up 90 percent of the time.
They told me that they had it checked out by four diff. people and
that they all told him that it was the computer going. I later found out that it was called something diff. but i forgot.
What i do know though is that it goes under the steering wheel by the fuses.
Does any one have any advice on how to install this, because i looked under there, and i really didnt get it, they did tell me it was going to be hard to install.
darkthronequeen wrote:

go to tegger.com and look into main relay repair.

As jim beam says, the main relay is a prime suspect, although it could be the ignition switch. In my limited experience, ignition switches are more troublesome when the interior of the car is cold and main relays are more trouble when the interior of the car is warm or hot. See http://tegger.com/hondafaq/startproblems.html and http://tegger.com/hondafaq/startproblems.html#mainrelay for details. The computer is something else again (also called the ECU), and almost never fails unless it gets wet.
Also as the link for the relay indicates, it's a lot easier to pop the relay out of the housing to work on it than to remove the housing and all. Access isn't fun, but it isn't terrible, either, as long as you don't mind working under the dash.
Mike