Consumer Reports Screws Up Again!

In the latest issue, they put the Honda Civic Hybrid down the list out of the recommended zone, even though the rating category was "Fuel Efficient Vehicles, and it absolutely trounced the competition (by
their own measurements) in the criteria that matters most - miles per gallon.
In a similarly-stupid move, they made sure HP dominated their recommended list of desktop computers, just weeks after HP announced they were abandoning the PC market.
It seems CR just can't keep up these days. Who needs them when the web itself is a better source of information.
"Harvey" wrote in message
In the latest issue, they put the Honda Civic Hybrid down the list out of the recommended zone, even though the rating category was "Fuel Efficient Vehicles, and it absolutely trounced the competition (by their own measurements) in the criteria that matters most - miles per gallon.
In a similarly-stupid move, they made sure HP dominated their recommended list of desktop computers, just weeks after HP announced they were abandoning the PC market.
It seems CR just can't keep up these days. Who needs them when the web itself is a better source of information.
On the positive side, from the reviews I have read -- to include a few videos -- the Civic Si meets with some favor. Decent handling, slick 6 shifter and respectable performance (close to my old 5th gen Prelude) with the only negative being interior quality. From my perspective, it sounds like a car that would be fun to drive and at a reasonable price, although I suppose the purists will hate it. I found the use of the TSX engine interesting -- sort of "what's in the parts bin" approach to "upgrading" the SI. Of course, SIs are simply not available it seems and will not be any time soon. Given the scarcity I should imagine my local Honda dealer will "doll" the example they ultimately have for sale with all sorts of extras -- necker knobs and fuzzy dice for an inflated price. But, that's cynic in me talking.