coolant system corrosion

Page 3 of 3

It is important to know if you are being told crap or not.
How would you know, listening to the crap from the various manufacturers? You believe the last commercial you hear?
Thanks for the treatise Jim, good stuff.... I always check the coolant with a volt meter, and have seen as much as 6 volts from the coolant to ground. If a flush and fresh coolant wont eliminate the voltage, I'll add a ground strap from the radiator to the body and engine. In stubborn cases, and with plastic radiators, I'll add 'Napakool', a coolant additive until the volt meter tells me to stop. Just my unrequested 2 cents worth.... Ben