Cooling fan

Hi everyone, I have a 1991 Honda wagon and the cooling fan quit working about a year ago this week.It wasn't really a problem till about a week ago when I was
sitting in traffic and ....well you can understand the scenario. I know what you are thinking, dumbass.... Ok now that we've gotten past all this can anyone tell me if it's a fuse or maybe the fan itself or maybe the wiring ? I dunno. That's why I figured one of you guys or gals in here could clue me in. Thanks in advance, Will
--
Humble to the humble , inflexible to the arrogant .

A few candidates for a failed cooling fan come up here at the newsgroup often. One needs a systematic approach to nail which one it is.
If you're handy, test the components listed at http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/media/manuals/CRXManual/62SH200/16-65.pdf
This of course is a Civic CRX manual, but much of it duplicates the non-CRX Civic sections.

"W.Henry" wrote:

----------------------------------
If you've already searched the NG, you know that the cooling fan will never come on if it's sensor is not immersed in coolant. The owner's manual hints at that when it says how full to keep the reservoir.
Other than that, I don't have any ideas tonight. :-(
'Curly'

Usually the fan switch. It's next to the oil filter and goes bad all the time in cars without a switch relay. Sometimes they get broken if the wrong tool is used to remove the oil filter.
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/overheating/simple-fan.html
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
: : > Hi everyone, : > I have a 1991 Honda wagon and the cooling fan quit working about a : > year ago : > this week.It wasn't really a problem till about a week ago when I was : > sitting in traffic and ....well you can understand the scenario. I : > know what you are thinking, dumbass.... : > Ok now that we've gotten past all this can anyone tell me if it's a : > fuse or maybe the fan itself or maybe the wiring ? I dunno. That's why : > I figured one of you guys or gals in here could clue me in. : > Thanks in advance, : > Will : > : : : Usually the fan switch. It's next to the oil filter and goes bad all the : time in cars without a switch relay. Sometimes they get broken if the wrong : tool is used to remove the oil filter.
Thanks TeGGer and everyone else who responded .I downloaded and saved that pdf file and will also use that too . Cool runnins ,mon !
: : http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/overheating/simple-fan.html : : -- : TeGGeR : : The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ : www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
W.Henry wrote:

This topic was recently discussed in rec.autos.makers.honda. Check there. You might find it helpful. Alex
Had a 94 Accord and the fan wouldn't stop running. If I remember correctly it was a relay somewhere that needed to be replaced.