cooling fan

Page 3 of 3

After reading Jim Yanik's post... I stand by my reply--so long as the temp gauge _never_ climbs above about the 40% mark.
If the gauge DOES move above the 40% mark, more investigation is needed, starting with an infrared thermometer reading of the upper rad hose inlet out of the head.
And if an aftermarket thermostat is present in this engine, GET RID OF IT IMMEDIATELY in favor of OEM (as per Yanik). That alone solves many Honda cooling system problems.

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Related Threads is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.