CORRECT AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID

There have been posts advising/warning against using AMZOIL, however this post is about the Owner's Manual specification for the 1995 Civic EX that reads:
"Honda Premium Formula Automatic Transmission Fluid or an equivalent DEXRON II type Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF)"
Foget anything about AMZOIL, because there is no way in hell I would ever use any AMZOIL product, even if they were free.
We are talking about conventional fluid.
snipped-for-privacy@peoplepc.com wrote:

================= Doesn't it say 'for temporary usage' in the actual body of the manual? It sure does in my '97 CR-V manual.
'Curly'

nothing about 'for temporary usage' anywhere in my manual.
snipped-for-privacy@peoplepc.com wrote:

that's because it's old and was printed when dexron II was still available. it's not any more. dexron III, what you get now, will make your transmission shift like you've just been kicked in the nads. trust the word of those who have been there before you - you need to use the genuine honda transmission fluid.