Cost to replace timing belt on 1998 Honda Accord V6

Can anyone give me an idea of what it would cost to replace the timing belt in a 1998 Honda Accord V6? The dealership told me $750 US. That seems very
high.

belt
very
The belt package (timing, balance, and drive belts) on a 98 I4 Accord cost me right at $500.00 about year ago. Should imagine the V6 is close to the estimate given you by the dealer.

Replacing the water pump (which should always be done with the timing belt IMHO) would add another $150 to $200 to the job.
Mike

cost
the
Actually, the package at the local Honda dealer included the water pump -- should have included that.

Got a breakdown of the price?
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

OK. Here goes.. Labor 300.00 Parts 207.74 Shop charges 10.00 Tax 15.24 Total 532.98 Parts W-Belt - Timing - 55.00 Water Pump 60.00 Valve Cover gasket 9.16 P.S. Belt 7.92 Compressor Belt 12.91 W-Belt 20.51 Coolant, various oil seals and so forth. Thought it was a pretty decent price given everything that was done -- got it back the same day.

About three hours. Not bad. Took me ten hours first time I ever did it. Probably actually took the tech two.

The prices are quite decent. You weren't ripped off at all.