CR-V AC sufficient?

I've had 2 Honda 4 cylinder products (Acura actually) and both cars had very weak AC units. They *barely* cooled the car during hot Pennsylvania summers. I effectively had 2 settings...off & max.
Any similar issues with the newest CR-V's? Is the AC sufficient to cool the larger interior space?
Also, does the engine bog noticeably when the compressor starts? (We haven't had a test drive yet.)
Thanks.
--
David
dja--dot--mail--at--comcast--dot--net

I have a 2004 CR-V. I know it's not the 2005, but I understand the 2005 is just a "prettied up" model with no major changes. The A/C in mine is very good. The fan is powerful and the car cools down pretty quickly. It puts out plenty of cold air. I figured when we bought the thing that the A/C would be the same as the one in my Accord, but the CR-V's is definitely stronger.

I haven't really paid too much attention to that aspect. I haven't noticed any big drain but, like I said, I haven't looked for it either. I imagine if it was a big drain, I would notice it anyway.
Jeff
We have a 2003 that keeps us cool in SW Fl, Naples area. No problems, just keep it set to re-circulate the air, don't draw hot air in from the out side!