CR-V General question

Hello
I'm looking to buy a used CR-V. A 2001 model.
Are there any years of CR-V's that are worse for repairs than an other year(s)?
And how about Civics or Accords? Any year better than others
in your opinion.
Thank you so very much
jamie wrote:

-------------------------------------
'99 to '01 CR-V has higher horsepower. All engines in that series need their valves adjusted more often than the owner's manual says (the North American Manual). Great vehicles otherwise. Check Consumer reports, etc.
'Curly'

hi, I'm looking to sell our CRV, it's 2001. Has honda 100,000 warranty until fall of 2008. Has about 78k miles. Excellent shape. Please email me if you're interested. I'm in Houston, TX. pheonix1t AT gmail DOT com.
Thanks,
Oskar

Thank you Curly, I do appreciate the information! :-)

Got one today. I'm happy.
Thanks!

I just traded in a 2001 CR-V LX 4WD for an 05 Pilot EX. It had 72,000 miles on it that never had any mechanical failure whatsoever. This is the only car I really felt bad about giving up. Good luck on your search for one.

Thank you.
After driving a 1992 Accord for 9 years, virtually trouble free, we got a 2001 Accord. So far, we have had to replace the engine and the front end. Less than 90000 km on it.

jamie wrote:

Have a 2003 CRV built date is 09/2002, and the Honda Corporation replaced the entire AC system after a sudden, catastrophic, failure of the compressor, at 68,000 miles, April 5, 2007.
We thank Honda Motors USA profusely for the $2,000 gift, that included a rental car overnight. They sorta acknowledged defective material, without letting on that there was any liability.
But, the scarey thought is that someone will be buying these CR-V's of 2002 through 2005 (the years the service tech. mentioned that see this problem with the AC compressors).
Well, otherwise, we have owned Hondas since the late 70's, in Japan, in the Air Force; and, here in the US, along with dozens of other vehicles, like vans and trucks, by other makers.
We tend to drive them until the "wheels fall off", and do all maintenance ourselves, except for any 'FREE' factory work we can negotiate.
Bottom line is that Honda is the most honest and trustworthy marque, with the best overall products. We have owned and managed used car dealerships since the 1980's. Some of the other brands of products that look so nice, aren't. Avoid GM, Ford, Dodge, except for the heaviest duty trucks. Thus, our preference has been Honda.
I would buy a Certified Used Honda; or, at least have it checked out by Auto Critic or my favorite Honda mechanic, before finalizing a deal.
nerdwizard wrote:

I habe a 2003 Element, and as long as Heat or Defrost is dialed in the compressor is being used, unless I turn off the fan or put it in Vent mode. Bg