CR-V idle

Can the idle on a 2001 CR-V turned up a bit or is it computer controled, I noticed at a stop that the steering wheel had a vibration (rattle)at a stop
light, I steped the idle up a bit with my foot and the vibration rattle stoped.
Thanks
Tom
twfsa wrote:

Try turning on the rear widow defogger when you ar idling.
A very modest collection of Honda tech info can be found at:
Turn on the rear window defogger whe your idleing hummmmmmmm!
I couldn't fix your brakes so I made the horn louder.
Tom

I would try and clean the throttle body. My Acura used to do that and when I cleaned the TB and re-adjusted the idle, it went to smooth idle.
What Randolph meant is that if you put the deffoger on, your idle will raise and most likely it won't vibrate as much, but that's a waste of energy to run the defogger to avoid a bad idle.
It also can be engine mounts, but I doubt it in a 4 year old car.

twfsa wrote:

Try it. The rear defoggers draw enough current that the ELD (Electrical Load Detector) can sense it. This will cause the ECU to bump up the idle a tad.

A very modest collection of Honda tech info can be found at: