CR-V Rear Passenger Door Lock

Hello All, I have a 2000 CR-V. Rear passenger door will not open.

The manual lock and lock crank have limited movement. The inner handle has good movement. The inner rod is still connected. The electric lock does move the lock crank. The rear door outer handle does have some resistance when operated. I cannot test the electric lock actuator because I cannot open the door to remove the door panel.

I have spent a lot of time manually working the manual lock and the inner/outer door handles. I removed the inner window moulding to try and get plenty of Krown penetrant on the door latch. I am resigned to having removing the door panel the hard way, which will result in ruining the panel.

Any suggestions as to opening the door? Tricks or tweaks to get the door open? Removing the inner door panel without opening the door and ruining the panel?

Your input is appreciated. I am a diehard Honda owner, with a 94 Accord EX currently in the driveway and before that a string of Civics ('79, '89, '90, '92).

At your convenience.

Ian

Reply to
idm