CR-V stereo to alpine sat nav conversion

Hi, I have bought the factory fit alpine double din sat nav unit. I removed the radio cd unit and the multiplug and ariel fitted into the sat nav unit but it does not work. It will not even power up. What am I missing? what wires do I need to get this to work?

cheers

scott

Reply to
scott-c

-----------------------------------

You're missing the age of the vehicle, and the age of the 'donor' vehicle. I'm guessing you're in England?

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Close enough, scotland. Its an 2005 model crv and the sat nav is brand new, looks identical to what would be fitted to this model.

Reply to
scott-c

One of the best resources would be here.

'll have to sign in, putting Scotland in your LOCATION, then go tothe SEARCH and look for the phrase 'sat and nav'. You'll find other EUpeople who will be the closest to 'experts'. 'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'