cracked windshield 03 Pilot

The windshield ended up catching an object during the tail end of the snow storm driving to PA on the Jersey turnpike last Sunday night. I am having the dealer replace the windshield with a genuine Honda windshield on Tuesday- my question is - should I be concerned the crack started from to top of the glass under the upper molding? I emailed the previous owner and he said he never had glass or roof problems. the car now has 92k miles on it. I plan to keep it for 300k miles or more. the crack is about 10 inches long, grown down in front of my vision area. I didn't feel comfortable having safelite replace the glass in the parking lot in PA on my business trip. Do they make their own glass? Rocky

Reply to
Rocky

Usually the dealer subs this work out. I would be very surprised if the dealer is doing it. You might be ahead with the Honda windshield though.

Reply to
Art

I don't know if anyone else ever had this happen, but I had a windshield replaced by a mobile installer once. I left the car at home and when I returned that evening, I noticed there were dents in each fender where the installer had placed his knees while he placed the windshield and leaned into the fender. It caused $340 in damage. The glass company paid for the damage after all was said and done. Most recently, we had a windshield replaced on our Ford at the dealership (don't really know who actually did the job) and when I picked up the car, there were "knee" marks on the fender. These didn't actually cause dents, just marks in the dust/dirt that was on the car. Something to look out for.

Reply to
trestonklease