Crank pulley holder - UK supplier?

I have a ring of holes crank pulley on my 93 civic so I'm looking for a tool similar to the one on the right of the top picture here:

. I'm in the UK and wondering where to get one from...

Alternatively I could probably easily get hold of a universal thing like

but itlooks a bit weak and worried it might press against my pulley andbreak a lip of something... I could always make my own tool but wantto avoid the hassle... Cheers!

Reply to
timtech

no reason you can't buy one from a us online seller. exchange rate is in your favor!

these crank bolts tend to be stupid tight to undo - no way that is going to be strong enough.

if you have access, air tools will get the bolt out of the pulley no problem. you'll need a holder to tighten the bolt, but assuming you have a stick shift, just putting it in gear and having an assistant apply the brakes should be sufficient.

Reply to
jim beam

Thanks for the advice - I tried 5th gear and braking but there was too much play in it. Have now booked it into a local garage as I've been spending too much time on my car recently ;-) Then I managed to break the power steering pump adjusting bolt and a valve cover bolt...not critical but annoying... At least I know what to do for next time (in

5 years..wooo).
Reply to
timtech

that's for tightening, not loosening.

you need to buy a torque wrench or three - no way should you be breaking bolts like this. likewise, sounds like having someone else do the work is the best option for you.

Reply to
jim beam