Crankshaft sensor problem

My Prelude's ECU gives the error code 4, Crankshaft Position Sensor problem. I replaced it with a new one, but the car still runs rough, and stalls when idling. This happens after the car warms up. I cleared the code and it is back. How likely is it that the new sensor is also bad and causes exactly the same symptoms?

Anyone know what may be causing this problem?

Tony

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Alpha

The code as you stated mentions something about the crank sensor, not that it is bad and needs replacement. The code simply gives you an area where to look further. It should be used in conjunction with a factory service manual for exact troubleshooting proceedures.

Reply to
halo2 guy

Without knowing the age or mileage of your Prelude, it's hard to start 'guessing'. If it's OLD, there's several things that might contribute. Tell us more.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_ _