cruise control actuator location? 90 prelude

I cant seem to find the cruise control actuator I need to move for a head gasket job I am doing on a 1990 prelude si. if anyone knows where it is, let me know, the book says i dont have to remove it, but i have to get it out of the way. (not sure what this means...)

HELP!!!

Reply to
fuzzboy13

Also, the manual mentions the "proper procedure for removing the fuel lines". If anyone knows these "Proper procedures" please let me know

Thanks

-fuzzy

Reply to
fuzzboy13

The essence of "the proper procedure" is to handle the stored fuel pressure in the lines - about 40 psi for multiport injection. It isn't a big deal unless it takes you by surprise.

The classic way of doing that is to disconnect the fuel pump and try to start the engine - it will sputter when the pent up fuel is injected then just crank. As long as there is enough ventilation you can do it my way - wrap a rag around the connection when you loosen it, then take the gas soaked rag outside and dump a glass of water on it. The amount of pressurized gasoline will be a couple of spoonfulls.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee