Cruise control problem

For some reason my cruise control only works sometimes. The problem is, when i hit the cruise control buton absolutley nothing happens, But when i press
it several times finally it turns on. And when it does it works just fine. My upper brake light bulb has been replaced. What co0uld the problem be?
"Shawn Taylor" wrote: > For some reason my cruise control only works sometimes. The > problem is, when > i hit the cruise control buton absolutley nothing happens, But > when i press > it several times finally it turns on. And when it does it > works just fine. > My upper brake light bulb has been replaced. What co0uld the > problem be?
What kind of honda is this? (model, year, trim level) Also be sure that you are going fast enough. Depending on the model cruise will not engage until you reach a certain speed.
sorry its a 99 accord ex manual, i am going fast enough. I forgot to add normally when its cold I have to press the cruise set for even longer before it turns on.

Just a silly thought to consider. My 95 Civic EX will not go into cruise if my foot is even slightly touching the brake or clutch pedal. Also, one of those switches (brake, clutch) could be out of adjustment. Good luck.
My cruise control stopped working on my 2000 civic a while back, it was caused by a Honda tech leaving the vaccum line off for the cruise control system. AND it also caused an eratic idle which I was told was the IACV... good thing I looked under the hood after I got the car back, plugged line in, idle good and cruise back.
Dave