Cruise control problem

For some reason my cruise control only works sometimes. The problem is, when i hit the cruise control buton absolutley nothing happens, But when i press it several times finally it turns on. And when it does it works just fine. My upper brake light bulb has been replaced. What co0uld the problem be?

Reply to
Shawn Taylor

"Shawn Taylor" wrote: > For some reason my cruise control only works sometimes. The > problem is, when > i hit the cruise control buton absolutley nothing happens, But > when i press > it several times finally it turns on. And when it does it > works just fine. > My upper brake light bulb has been replaced. What co0uld the > problem be?

What kind of honda is this? (model, year, trim level) Also be sure that you are going fast enough. Depending on the model cruise will not engage until you reach a certain speed.

Reply to
MooGoCow

Just a silly thought to consider. My 95 Civic EX will not go into cruise if my foot is even slightly touching the brake or clutch pedal. Also, one of those switches (brake, clutch) could be out of adjustment. Good luck.

Reply to
duckbill

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Shawn Taylor

My cruise control stopped working on my 2000 civic a while back, it was caused by a Honda tech leaving the vaccum line off for the cruise control system. AND it also caused an eratic idle which I was told was the IACV... good thing I looked under the hood after I got the car back, plugged line in, idle good and cruise back.

Dave

Reply to
JEHU