CRV 2002

Hello: I have a 2002 CRV with 40K miles (of course, no warranty) It is a good car but in the last 2 months sometimes I have problems to start it. Normally I can move the switch to ON, and try to listen for the main
relay, but it is hard to heard. It cranks fine, no problems. But in the last 2 months, at least 5 or 6 times didn't want to crank. No clicks, no other signs. Lights on the dashboard are on, normal, battery is ok (radio and lights works) but just won't crank. After several times and probably 5 min or so, the car eventually starts without any problems. My wife said sometimes removing the key and reinserting it works. Probably the start switch not making "good contact" to start the car. I just need to know if any of you had the same problem or if anybody has any idea on what the problem is. Thanks
Sans wrote:

Watch the icon for the immobilizer on the dash. If it's blinking, it ain't gonna start. Avoid big key rings or other keys that also have chips in them. I think this is explained in your Owner's manual. Your cell phone might be too close as well. People will carry ANYTHING on their keyrings these days. . . .
'Curly'
Try tappining on the starter while your wife starts it. If it turns over replace the starter. I know it shouldn't be bad with only 40K, but it's possable. I've got a 2003 Civic and it went bad at 38K. When I removed the starter it look nice, the brushes looked great, however the armature was tuff to turn, probable cause of the problem. The selonoid is a sealed unit, good luck on trying to find just a selonoid. I bought a replacement starter from Autozone for $100 with a lifetime warranty, the Honda dealer wanted $250, I'm sure it didn't have a life time warranty. The replacement unit was heaver. It had a thicker motor housing and I suspect more epoxy for insulation. I can tell this unit is a higher quality unit than the Honda. Don't feel bad if it's just a starter. I've also had a 2002 Odyssey and the tranny went out in it at 40K. My first two Honda's and both have been trouble.