CRV 2002

Hello: I have a 2002 CRV with 40K miles (of course, no warranty) It is a good car but in the last 2 months sometimes I have problems to start it. Normally I can move the switch to ON, and try to listen for the main relay, but it is hard to heard. It cranks fine, no problems. But in the last 2 months, at least 5 or 6 times didn't want to crank. No clicks, no other signs. Lights on the dashboard are on, normal, battery is ok (radio and lights works) but just won't crank. After several times and probably 5 min or so, the car eventually starts without any problems. My wife said sometimes removing the key and reinserting it works. Probably the start switch not making "good contact" to start the car. I just need to know if any of you had the same problem or if anybody has any idea on what the problem is. Thanks

Reply to
Sans

Watch the icon for the immobilizer on the dash. If it's blinking, it ain't gonna start. Avoid big key rings or other keys that also have chips in them. I think this is explained in your Owner's manual. Your cell phone might be too close as well. People will carry ANYTHING on their keyrings these days. . . .

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_ _

Reply to