CRV 2006 help

My mom has a 2006 CR-V automatic trans, when you start the engine put it into drive and move foward about 50 ft you hear a clanking noise from the
front, it will only make this noise when the engine has been shut off, re-started and put in drive.
After you hear the clanking noise you will not hear it again driveing in town until you shut it off and re-start the engine.
Thanks Tom
said:

The car is in warranty. Bring it to the dealer.

"I've come here to enjoy nature. Don't talk to me
Probably anti lock brakes waking up. Probably normal.

I think I'll call the dealer and see what they have to say, or else it will have to wait till the dealer does the first oil change and can look at it, I think its the nature of the beast myself, if it did it all the time from every stop then I would be concerned.
Tom

It's called pad shift. the brake pads are shifting in the caliper mount. It's normal. don't bother asking the dealer. Chip
I don't think its pad shift if that were the case it would make that noise after you back up and go foward, which it does not do as my 2001 CR-v does, but thanks for your reply.
Tom

If it's like the 2005, it is the reverse lockout solenoid triggering.
twfsa wrote:

That makes sense do you know what the reverse lock out solonoid does? My guess is it does not allow the vehicle to be put into reverse when moving foward.
Tom

That is the design intent, yes.