CRV 4cyl auto

I'm interested in the older CRV's (mid 90's) especially the 2wd automatics and have a few Questions. Do the back seats fold flat and is there enough room in there to throw down a sleeping bag and sleep comfortably for the night? (I'm 5'11") I'd be buying this vehicle and traveling in it and I'm thinking it would get around 30mpg highway @ a steady 65mph but please correct me if I'm wrong. How are they as a daily driver and around town? Are they fun and enjoyable to drive? < I've been driving early 90's Mitsu eclipses for the past 10 years so even this compact suv would be quite a change but for traveling and sleeping in, light off road use, fuel economy, and reliability -- well I was thinking it might be a nice change >

BTW, does anyone know what the epa figures on the mid 90's CRV's are on the 2wd a/t's?

Thanks for your help

Reply to
thegregathome

Depending on what country you're in, the '97 wasn't available with the premium rear seats that 'cocked' up so they could lay flat. That would be a '98+ in the fancier model (alloys were standard on the fancier one). '99+ had the more powerful engine too, so you probably don't want a '97.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_