CRV and Road Noise

My wife bought a 2004 CRV. Lots of road noise....

Can this noise be cut down with some type of undercoating?

Are there tires a person could put on that are not as noisy or does the harsh suspension just lend itself to this phenomenon???

Reply to
Wayne

Could be crappy tires.

Reply to
Art

You might want to read through some of the tire reviews and comments at

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Maybe. There are some discussions about this in the CR-V group at hondaSUV.com. The road noise and the tiny gas tank are my only major complaints with my '06 CR-V.

I haven't tried changing the tires yet on the '06 (still too new). With my '96 Odyssey which also had road noise issues, switching to Michelin X-One tires cut down the noise substantially vs. the original tires.

Reply to
E Meyer