CRV and Road Noise

My wife bought a 2004 CRV. Lots of road noise....
Can this noise be cut down with some type of undercoating?
Are there tires a person could put on that are not as noisy or does the
harsh suspension just lend itself to this phenomenon???
Could be crappy tires.

Wayne wrote:

You might want to read through some of the tire reviews and comments at http://www.tirerack.com /.
Eric
On 8/1/07 12:27 AM, in article 46b019bc$ snipped-for-privacy@news.accesscomm.ca, "Wayne"

Maybe. There are some discussions about this in the CR-V group at hondaSUV.com. The road noise and the tiny gas tank are my only major complaints with my '06 CR-V.

I haven't tried changing the tires yet on the '06 (still too new). With my '96 Odyssey which also had road noise issues, switching to Michelin X-One tires cut down the noise substantially vs. the original tires.