CRV Brake Pedal

I drove the CRV EX at an auto show recently.

I have been looking, reading and did a previous test drive on the SE a few months prior.

My ONLY issue with the vehicle was with the brake pedal, it comes over too far to the right. I have size 13 feet, a little bigger than average, and the shoes I was wearing that day were a little thick, but they barely fit between where the brake pedal ends and the slim space for the gas pedal. I would bump the brake pedal going up and down. (No Joke)

I believe I didn't notice it so much before because I had different shoes on that weren't so thick.

Does anyone know how difficult it would be to replace the brake pedal at the dealer before I purchase it or is that something I would have to have done after market. I would hate to have this one thing be a deciding factor in my purchase. This is the versatile vehicle in the gas mileage range that I want.

Please reply here - thanks -

Damon

Reply to
Damon

It would be expensive. I advise you to test drive various other similar vehicles made by Honda and other companies such as Toyota. I'm hoping that you will find one that already has the brake pedal in the location that you need it to be. If you really do want the CRV EX--visit the Honda dealership and discuss your problem with the service manager. Explain your problem and see if they will do it for free to make the sale or charge you for the service. If they tell you that you willl have to pay for the service--ask for the amount that you will have to pay. Jason

Reply to
Jason

My guess is that no one is going to alter a brake pedal due to potential liability.

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

Maybe you should try a Ford Explorer/Expedition or a Chevy Tahoe/Trailblazer.

It is typical in many cases that Japanese people are among the smallest size in the world. So it would probably be better for a larger person to drive a large American car.

Reply to
ja

Yeah but the Japanese clearly understand the AMERICAN car market and build cars accordingly.

Reply to
D.D. Palmer