CRV help

97 CRV 116500miles. When braking in the rear of the vehicle, there is a squeaking, lightly. I turned off car when I got home and pressed the pedal a couple of times and there is light squeak. I assume they
need cleaned or lubricate the springs and moving parts?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Your rear brake shoe adjusters have stopped adjusting themselves. The squeak you hear is the 'travel' of the show rubbing on the backing plate. You are wearing out your brake system at an accelerated rate because everything is going out of adjustment.
You need to find a shop that will thoroughly clean and LUBRICATE the mechanism inside. Don't let them sell you shoes because they often last forever (unless they can show that they are truly worn out). There's something like 13 lubrication points inside each rear brake. Read through this thread to understand the process:
http://www.hondasuv.com/members/showthread.php?t%798 &
Be aware you're supposed to be adjusting your engine valves every 30,000 miles (or pay the man $3,000).
'Curly'