CRV rentals

well hi!
I'm looking into renting a CRV for the weekend as a test drive, but I'm not having any luck finding one in the US (much less Norman, OK). Any ideas?

Thanks!
Only small time rental companies carry Honda/Acura rentals. I can rent an Odyssey here in Toronto, but not from the big ones!

message

Go to the dealership in town, and ask them if they will allow you to have one for the weekend for a test drive. It's done around here.
Brian
Brian Smith wrote:

Eh, I did this with a Civic Si once. They wouldn't let me drive it more than 50 miles away from the dealership - and I worked for them..
-Sonarrat.

That's interesting. When I have my car in for service, I take a vehicle for a test drive (they don't supply loaners any more), and I go as far as I need to travel. I have topped up the fuel level to what it was before my 'test drive' to be fair <g>.
Brian
Brian Smith wrote:

I'll bet this dealer would give you one of the manager's demos in that situation, although I haven't asked for a service loaner. They don't have any cars specifically earmarked as loaners. I just took the car because at the time, I hadn't yet bought a car from them and I was interested in that model. I was working for them as a salesman. I hated that job, and I'll never do it again, but it taught me everything I'll ever need to know about buying cars.
A talk with my insurance salesman convinced me to buy an Element rather than a Civic Si.
-Sonarrat.

I used to take the sales manager's demo, but management decided that the insurance coverage for non employees was too high. So a test drive fills the bill now.

That makes sense. Although I drive a large box for work (tractor trailer <g>), and I like my Accord's style.
Brian
Brian Smith wrote:

That's an interesting and slightly worrying revelation. I suppose they expect YOUR insurance to pick up the slack?

I like the Accord's style too, but it won't swallow three bikes, and I can't swallow two car payments...
-Sonarrat.

That's the way it works.

I know what you mean {;^)
Brian