CRV Transmission

Hi. Has anyone ever heard of a CRV needing a new tranny? I'm looking at buying a 97' that has had a replacemant if I can get some peace of mind about this. It works perfectly now.
thanks

There are all sorts of reasons why a vehicle would require a new transmission. The first one that comes to mind is that the previous owner/driver abused the crap out of the vehicle.
I don't see where it is a big deal, machines break down the same way that people become ill. Nothing is forever.
Brian
bigToeHereNO snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (bigToe) wrote in

Honda had increased its automatic transmission warranty to eight years on account of a large number of failures. Yours appears to have been one of them.
Chances are you'll be fine, as they've fixed the gasket issue that caused the problem in the first place.
Also, there is a TSB on your vehicle's transmission: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/crv/x00-012e.pdf
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
hey Tegger, anyway of finding which tranny's were covered i.e. vin's. I have a '98 and have the shift shock from 2 - 3. please advise and thanks in advance, personal email address: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com thanks denis

bigToe wrote:

What's the mileage, BTW? Super rare for Cr-V, but just treat it good and you've got the advantage of a tranny that's younger than the rest of the vehicle. I'd change the ATF right away if you buy it, or get the inspecting mechanic to pull the magnetic drain plug to see if there's much iron on it. Use only Honda Z1 in the tranny, and Honda Dual Pump Fluid in the rear differential. Make sure the valves get adjusted too.
'Curly'
On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 08:58:11 -0600, "motsco_ _" <"motsco_

105k miles. The trans. was replaced 2 years ago. Thanks for all replies.