CV joint boot grease leakage

Page 2 of 2

No, you can get them replaced BEFORE they split, and thus salvage your original joints.
New OEM replacement boots are far more durable than the originals and will probably outlast the car.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

Don'tcha git a warm fuzzy feelin' when you hafta 'splain a simple detail with a hold-the-hand technique??
<G>
JT
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:13:30 +0000, Tegger wrote:

That isn't what you said, though.

If you say so.

KR wrote:

by close inspection, you need to determine the cause of leakage. if you have the original honda shafts, and your boots have not been changed before now, they're almost certainly failing - it's highly unusual for oem honda shafts to be leak any way other than because of a cracked or damaged boot.
regarding the cost of repair, brand new aftermarket shafts, no core charge, are under $100 each and they take about 10 minutes each to change. repairing the oem shafts, while a better technical solution because they're better quality and last longer, costs a lot more because the parts are expensive and there are multiple hours of work involved. while driving, you'll be challenged to tell any difference. and financially, most of the time, the significantly lower cost of aftermarkets, even though they don't last as long, mean you're still ahead.
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 19:33:34 -0800, jim beam

Plus if you get the Cardone ones from AdcanceAutoParts, they carry a lifetime warranty, so when they do crack the next time, you can get them swapped. So far knock on wood, they have lasted me almost three years.
snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com wrote:

You're lucky.
Virtually everything that I purchased with a "Cardone" connection has failed prematurely.
Now, I avoid that brand judiciously.
JT

Were there new Cardone or rebuilt Cardone? I'm guessing rebuilt, but I'd like to hear your answer.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I don't know of anything "new" coming out of Cardone...
JT