Damaged my own car part 2. With pics

Replay: I have a 2005 Accord Ex and I was in DC and after parking between 2 large girders. I magically have damage to the back passenger door and to the strip around the tire well. Not massive but is ugly, maybe I will post a pic somewhere so all can see it.

But basically, I am wondering if anyone here can give me an estimate on how much the repairs should cost? I am in Raleigh, NC if that info is needed.

Pics located here:

Arinté

Why don't you just take it to a few bodyshops? Believe it or not, you're not the first person to ever have damage to a car's body.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

For magic damage, take it to the Magic Repair Shop. They'll do it in 10 minutes for free! ;-)

Reply to
Larry in AZ

its bad and they will charge some $$$ for that but you can probably find a small time body shop that will do very high quality work and not charge you a fortune like some well established big places.

Reply to
Jeff

Did anyone get the license plate of the girder?

Reply to
Art

Well judging by the damage you have and comparing that to a friend of mines car that had similar damage without the dent I'd have to say around $500-$600 US dollars. I would claim it as an insurance claim so you don't have to pay anything out of pocket if I were you. It won't go up for that little. I had hit a snow bank a couple of years ago and needed a whole new rear bumper and mudguards and the claim was like 2000 dollars and it didnt effect my monthly rate.

Reply to
alfred