Dark windows for CRV (think babies and todlers)

We have a '99 CRV with stock (slightly gray tinted) windows. Is there aftermarket windows available for the thing that are dark? The sunlight is
causing my 17 month-old to scream, particularly when the sun is so low.
I'm not sure I like those "treatment" coatings I've seen---all the ones I've seen look horrible.
Suggestions? Remember the car at this point is 6 years old.
TIA
--
"His name was Robert Paulson. His name was Robert Paulson. His name was
Robert Paulson..."

There are plenty of places that apply tint film to auto windows,it looks good,lasts a long time. You need to pick a reputable company,preferably one that doesn't apply it outdoors where dirt gets under the film,causing bubbles.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
wrote in message

used them when we had wee ones and they made a huge difference, especially since we were in Phoenix.
Mike
I have an 05 CRV with tinting over the existing tinted glass. It does great in the day for the sun and heat (I'm in FL) , help with glare and is so dark, you really can't see what's in the cargo area. In fact I don't need to worry about changing the rearview mirror at night. However, keep in mind that the extra tinting over the already tinted glass can make it harder to see out the back at night. Since there are a variety of tint shades, and you should be able to get an idea of what'll work best for you.
$$ wise, the pull down shade might be the cheapest route to go, especially if you think the darker tint will be a problem driving at night.
wrote in message

As the others have said, you can get your windows tinted a lot of different places, and some will tint as dark as you want.
------------------------------------ Mike Mangione http://www.carforums.net
xblazinlv wrote:

And as long as it is within legal limits.
High Tech Misfit said something like:

I heard that FL in particular has been cracking down on this. There is a lot of crime in parts of FL that is gang related, and the police really need to see into the windows.
Yes, FL is one of the states particularly cracking down on it. Yes, there are probably places that will tint as dark as you want legal or not, but a reputable place will tint the back windows as dark as you want but leave the front windows at least a shade lighter. Most states, including FL are concerned with the darkness on windows of the front doors and being able to see the driver, not the rear doors.
wrote in message

Doesn't matter, a lot of places will tint as dark as you want as long as you pay cash.
------------------------------------ Mike Mangione http://www.carforums.net