Dash board & tail lights wont work

When I turn on the headlights sometimes the dash board lights work, when they don?t work I have to move the handle switch around and they go back on. This problem is also affecting my tail lights I have to play with the knob switch to make them go on. Do I have a short in the steering column or inthe handle signal switch on the side of the steering column.

1992 Honda Accord
Reply to
BUBBASHRIMP

You do not have a short. A short is when two wires connect to each other when they shouldn't. What you probably have is a light switch with enough dirt and gunk in it after 15 years of use that it does not always make contact. You could try contact cleaner, but you'd be hard pressed to get it in where it needs to go without removing the switch from the car.

Reply to
Randolph