Dash light for maintanence on.

My 2002 Civic had the maintanence light just come on ,so is there any way I can turn it off my self?

Yes there is, it's rather a simple thing to do. It will take less than ten seconds from your life, so that you can carry on as if you didn't even have to do the operation.
OK..........I'm ready to hear the rest of the story.
This, I hope doesn't pretain to the old black electrical tape on the dash lens trick.

Rob wrote:

If you have the owner's manual, the instructions should be in there.
If not, one of the situations on this page should apply to your car: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/maintenance-reqd-light.html

Don't top post. It's bad form. Quote and trim, and post your replies below what you're replying to--so that everything goes in a natural order.
Anyway, this has nothing to do with the black tape on the dash, and everything to do with reading the fine owner's manual.
You have asked the most popular query that regulars hate. The answer is RTFM (Read The Fine Manual). The procedure is explained clearly in the Owner's Manual which is a good thing to have actually read.
It is also in the unofficial Honda FAQ at http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/maintenance-reqd-light.html
Thanks, I'm new to the Honda's( Just got me a used civic a few months back) .....My JEEP had the nice over head computer and you could reset things with it very easly that way.