Dash lights out

i have a 94 civic automatic and the dashboard lights all are not lighting up anymore. could it be a fuse blown? or if 1 bulb goes out do they all go out? thanks for any advice.

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff

check fuses, then fiddle with the dimmer.

Reply to
jim beam

Reply to
Jeff

There is a dimmer relay that is powered by the headlight relay (no separate fuse). On a '96 its in the underhood fuse box. With luck, yours will be similar. It could also be the dimmer control itself. My '87 Ford went through several of them.

Reply to
E Meyer

Sounds like the dimmer/Rheostat switch.Should be three wires going into controller on switch.Jump the RED and the RED/BLACK wires.If lights come on,brightness controller in switch is defective.Also check for a good ground on the BLACK wire.You could by-pass the switch all together by hooking up the red and red/black wires direct.:-)

Reply to
special.hfx

The dimmer relay is just for re-directing power to your high beam headlights.:-)

Reply to
special.hfx

they did come on again on my way to work but when i got off work tonight they went out again. i'll look for that relay. thanks for your help.

Reply to
Jeff

Obviously, the brain is not working this week. I think I'll just stop for a while...

Reply to
E Meyer