Dealer or Do it yourself?

My 1998 Accord's Check engine light is on. The error is bad EGR flow so I assume it needs a new valve and EGR port cleaning. Can I do this myself or
do I need a dealer? It is the 4cyl. Accord.
Add pictures here
âś–

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/t2t013.pdf
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
but now that I've got 95K on the clock, the problem is back. I've had the EGR valve off and cleaned it up, and cleaned out as far as I could reach from that point up both runners, but no luck. I've thought about trying a new EGR valve, but my guess is that it is a clog and not the valve, so I would just be wasting $150 on a non-returnable part.
TIA Keith
Add pictures here
âś–
but

Simple suggestion: Call the dealer and ask what TSB your work was done under. Then get them to give you a copy of that TSB number. They will be happy to do that. The TSB will detail how to do the work.
It would be nice to get a scan of that TSB after.

You've never actually said what error code you got.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
but

Thanks, I'll try this route. If I get the TSB, I'll shoot you a copy.

Code was P0401 "Insufficient EGR Flow"
I also just found this page via Google http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid 338 and it appears to be the right data on the TSB and the fix. (It even has a link to the pdf, but the site is no longer available.)
Looks like it requires a sleeve and replacement gaskets so I will go the dealer route and try to get them to fix it under warranty and if not, I'll buy the kit and do it myself.. My thinking is that either (A) They just cleaned out the ports the first time around and didn't actually install the new parts (It was performed at CarMax under their warranty and not a Honda dealer, after checking, I was actually beyond the 36K mfg warranty and still had a few miles on the one from CarMax) (B) If the job was done correctly, then I should not be seeing this issue again and may qualify for the "goodwill consideration" mentioned by Tekksun.

Thanks TeGGeR®
Keith
Add pictures here
âś–