Del Sol wee!

Hi all,

A great deal on a 97 Del Sol S popped up, and figured it would be great to buy considering my current Volvo is on it's deathbed. Aside from the common roof leaks/squeaks, and some leaking, can anybody comment (preferrably from experience) about other issues they've had with their Del Sols?

With my sports car days over, I'm mainly looking to get this for commuting purposes, and wouldn't personally define it as a 'sports' car. It's more a civic with the roof cut off. ;)

Some have commented on the suspension variances of the S and Si (sway bars only, spring ratings?). Can anyone comment on the differences between these two submodels? I'm not looking to get a VTECH (though it would be more fun).

Thanks so much!

-D

Reply to
Foofght

Take it for a long drive! I've had 2 Civic HF's & a VX. I felt like I was in a coffin in my Del Sol. If you fit, it's a fun car to drive. My sister in law loves my old Del Sol.

Reply to
Michael Doyle

I have owned my 95 VTEC for maybe 7-8 years or so. I use the designated Honda lube on the roof seals occasionally and I've never had a problem with squeaking. I previously owned a 95 S model for a year or two and it was suspended more softly and was more prone to roof squeaks, requiring the lube more often.

Otherwise, I've had near zero issues. I had the timing belt replaced once so far (and it's about due another) and I put my own sound system in it, just a head unit and better door speakers. I change the oil on schedule, but tires when needed and just do the routine stuff...fluids etc. It just keeps on running.

Reply to
gmccx

I probably should note too that my '95 has just turned over 60K miles.

Reply to
gmccx

I should add that My 95 Del Sol not VTEC just turned 215,000 miles, stock clutch, stock engine and tranny Like any other Honda they are great cars.... notmal squeaks and rattles and not very powerful with out the b series engine or a vtec engine.... but fun.,.... i say GO FOR IT !!!!

t0x1c gmccx wrote:

Reply to
sircrx

Wow! If mine last half that long, it's probably the last car I'll ever need to buy. :-)

Reply to
gmccx