Did I Get Hosed On My Odyssey Repairs???

I live in the suburbs of a major northeastern U.S. city and had some work done on my 2000-vintage Honda Odyssey just last week.
They charged the following for labor:
Replaced Front Engine Mount --- $135
Replace R/F Strut --- $135
Replace Both Wheel Cylinders --- $270
Did I get hosed?
Thanks.
First, I ask why you needed engine mounts replaced, these generally last for the life of the vehicle, and yes 135 for labor for replacing engine mounts seems high. This procedure should take a skilled mechanic 1 hour at the most and 135/hr labor rate is very high. As for the strut, generally struts are replaced in pairs but 135 is not too bad since there is a lot of work involved there. And for the wheel cylinder, I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you post more info I will be able to judge better. 444 wrote:

Paul wrote:

that's not true. rubber fatigues and breaks. check the rear trailing arm bushing on any 1988-2000 civic to see what i mean. then check the rear motor mount on the same vehicle [if you can see it] and you'll see identical damage.

jim beam wrote:

Also true, but the car is a 2000, i have seen hondas from the early 90's with no problems.
Paul wrote:

it depends on /which/ bushing. go to a junk yard and show me even one single civic bushing as described that's not shot to bits. same goes for rear motor mounts. only thing about the latter is that they're not as easy to see.
First you should understand the vehicle you are talking about. Second you need to know the location the service is done as labor rates vary widely depending where it is done. Also we need to know if it was done by a dealer or not. The front motor mount on the odyssey is electronically controlled and the engine will rock some when doing the brakes on in/out of gear test leading the uninformed to thing it is bad. Also the Odyssey mounts are fluid filled and can spring a leak. If you think these prices are high wait till the transmission goes and on this van it is not if but when. Of coarse the lawsuit extended the warranty to 109k from 100k.......

Woody wrote:

Shut up, troll!!!
At least Honda did something about it, unlike Crapsler for example.
On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:49:31 -0500, High Tech Misfit wrote:

Didn't see Chrysler running to my aid to replace the tranny on my 97 Caravan at 60,000 miles...
Nor the engine at 90,000. And all while properly maintained.
I'll never buy another Chrysler product again, no matter how nice they look.

That doesn't matter. It's the book rate that matters. If the book rate is 1.5 hours, that's about right.
444 wrote:

not necessarily. did they use honda parts? list price for the motor mount is $105 so that's $20 labor. list on the strut is $126...
jim beam wrote:

True, but the post said they charged him 135 just for labor.
Paul wrote:

ok, i misread.