Differences between a 2010 Civic and Elantra

Page 2 of 3
On 06/05/2010 09:28 AM, Al wrote:

spelling: "g-r-o-u-p"

you're not very good at logic, loser. there is only one common factor in all the "feedback" you're getting - and that's you. duh.

more autobiographical bullshit.

spelling/grammar: "b-a-d-l-y"

/all/ the time

spelling: "i-t-'-s". as in "it is".

oh, but it is.

you don't say. but that doesn't mean you can't shop around and get better rates. loser.

bullshit, you idiot loser. you're paying too much because you're a 'tard and you don't shop around.

spelling: "y-o-u-r".

stop being such a retarded idiot loser and fuck off back to your mom's basement.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

In article

Well, let's see: what is the single common element in every response you get?
Hmmmmmmm........all different people, responding to you in the same way....what element is in common.....let's go back to Sesame Street and ask it, shall we?
Could it be.....YOU?
Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

My 1995 Honda Accord 4 banger is becoming semi-ancient in years. It hit 81,000 miles today!
This car runs like a top, and so far it is the most reliable car I have ever owned. Every single thing works, no lights, no funny noises, and ice-cold A/C. It kind of freaks me out.
It isn't glamorous, but I like it. I can just feel it sipping gas economically as I drive it down the highway.
pws wrote:

Oh yeah, I meant no warning lights, the headlights and other lights work great. I have only had the car for a few thousand miles, and I would not expect it to have a lot of problems considering the mileage, but it seems like a well-made car, especially considering the current value.
The A/C was entirely replaced the summer before last, it has nearly-new Pirelli P5's installed with a new alignment, and the timing belt/water pump job was done at 60K miles in 2008. It is about due for a tune-up, which two Honda dealerships have performed regularly for 15 years, and I will probably let them continue with the excellent service.
This Accord is a pretty nice one to drive while working on the Mazda for a year or so.
pws wrote:

Yep, no need to glamorous transportation for everyday use. OTOH, if I want to impress, I'll take my '56 Studebaker Power Hawk out for a spin...
JT
On 05/31/10 23:49, Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

Mostt of us aren't interested in impressing Zsa Zsa Gabor. :)
Tony Harding wrote:

To be more specific, you have never impressed anyone here to any degree...
JT
On 06/02/10 00:04, Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

Spoken like a gentleman, apology accepted.

Sounds high.
I'm paying only $300.00 for a 2010 Accord EX, including $10/month for Hondacare. That's USA, you in Canada or anything?
Be sure to use the Honda site or Edmunds.com or something to solicit quotes from several vendors in the area.
J.

I'm in the US, in the Northeast. The quote I got for a 2010 Honda Accord EX-L 4 cyl is $374.00 per month for a 3 year 36k mi lease with 1200.00 down. Each 1000 of car value or down payment is equal to about 25-30 dollars from what I understand. So being that the EXL is about 2200.00 more than the EX, that would be about $60.00 more per month, so my quote might be about 15.00 high. So from what I understand if the dealer said a car is lets say $239.00 a month with 2500.00 down and you only want to put 1500.00 down that means the monthly payment should be around 265.00 per month on a lease.
How much did you put down on your lease to get that 300.00 quote? What are the terms?
I know some people think leasing is a waste of money, but it works for some and not for others. Its a preference.
Just to go over the problems I had with my Honda's:
1999 Accord EX V6: transmission brake sensor, replaced 3 times 2002 Civic EX: heater replaced, trunk latch replaced 2005 Accord EX: Console hinge replaced 2008 Accord EX-L: all power lock motors died and replaced, engine light malfunction.
In article

So, you really don't know what the price of the car is, do you?
You think buying a car means getting a monthly lease payment from the car dealer?
And you're using THAT as the basis for restructuring your investments?
On 05/31/2010 01:56 PM, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

elmo, "al" is the retard that pops up here from time to time seeking attention, not actual advice. clue: his trying to compare a 24 with a 36 month lease should have been a red flag.
anyway, i suggest we let him fuck off and buy the hyundai - that way we don't get his dumb ass wasting honda electrons any more.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

On Mon, 31 May 2010 16:56:27 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"

Pretty near. When you're comparing quotes on leases for the same model, unless someone is playing weird games with residuals or something, it's all about the monthly. I just get quotes for the same Honda lease from five dealers, and go with the best ... usually after some negotiation on my trade-in, the one thing about the Honda leases is the residuals they quote for buy-out are waaay too high, the dealer gets a wholesale buyout and can split it with you.
As long as you drive something close to the standard miles and deal wisely with the residuals, life is simple.
J.

Yes that makes sense. I like leasing, it works for me. I like having a new car every 3-4 years and not worrying about repairs. I think I'm going to try your method of going to multiple dealers for a quote on the same terms.

3 year, 12000 miles/year, $1000 down.
So your quote on the Civic is MUCH higher than even your own quotes on Accords? If you can save even $10/month on the larger car, that pays for the extra gas.

So these were covered?
Outside of a battery that died in warranty, I can't recall anything significant I had picked up by Honda warranty in four cars plus my current new lease.
J.

Hi J,
Well you got lucky or I just got some bad cars! To tell you the truth, I had 2 Nissans previously and they were more reliable than any of my Honda's. Same with a Mazda I had. I'm going to weigh all the details before I make my choice for the next lease. Its not like I can't afford the Accord. I'm employed, make good money, own a home, but want to start thinking about retiring comfortably and with all the shooting I do I can use the extra cash. Ammo's getting really expensive these days! :)
Thanks everyone for the input...at least the normal people. That excludes Jimbo and Elmo. They're obviously a bunch of crazy liberals! I'm not going to lower myself by arguing with a bunch of trolls.
On 06/01/2010 08:13 PM, Al wrote:

but you just did. retard loser.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

On 6/1/2010 10:13 PM Al spake these words of knowledge:

Son, you've got me actually rooting for Beam. That's despicable. Please go away.
RFT!!! Dave Kelsen
--
A library is an arsenal of liberty.

have read the Elantra does not do as well as the Civic. But, Hyundai has steadily improved their quality and reliability and with the 100k warranty the price difference for a lease appears compelling. Given some of Honda's new offerings -- the ugly Crosstour and beaked Acuras -- I am going to keep my 06 I4 Accord coupe just as long as possible. Another aspect of the newcomers to the market -- Ford Fusion, Hyundai Sonata and so forth is what will those cars be like when they hit 150k. Will they compare with a Honda at the same mileage. Our 03 Pilot at 96k drives and handles like new. Since its paid for and is only worth about 7500 on trade or so -- keeping it makes far more sense.