Differences between a 2010 Civic and Elantra

The current Elantra may not match the Civic for handling or performance, but it is close in refinement and quality. Long-term reliability is somewhat of a question mark, but Elantra will likely still be more reliable over the long term than a Detroit 3 competitor. I know quite a few owners of 2001 and newer Elantras who love their cars because they have been surprisingly more reliable than they expected.

Although it will be several years yet, I have considered an Elantra Touring wagon for my next car... unless Honda decides to resurrect the Civic wagon (the Fit is too small for my liking).

Reply to
Eternal Searcher

Hi J,

Well you got lucky or I just got some bad cars! To tell you the truth, I had 2 Nissans previously and they were more reliable than any of my Honda's. Same with a Mazda I had. I'm going to weigh all the details before I make my choice for the next lease. Its not like I can't afford the Accord. I'm employed, make good money, own a home, but want to start thinking about retiring comfortably and with all the shooting I do I can use the extra cash. Ammo's getting really expensive these days! :)

Reply to
Al

Yes that makes sense. I like leasing, it works for me. I like having a new car every 3-4 years and not worrying about repairs. I think I'm going to try your method of going to multiple dealers for a quote on the same terms.

Reply to
Al

Actually I pay for little for insurance. I have full coverage including rental rider, 250,000 liability, collision, fire and theft, towing and only 250 deductible. I pay about $97.00 a month for my car.

Reply to
Al

Thanks everyone for the input...at least the normal people. That excludes Jimbo and Elmo. They're obviously a bunch of crazy liberals! I'm not going to lower myself by arguing with a bunch of trolls.

Reply to
Al

but you just did. retard loser.

Reply to
jim beam

hey loser, how many bedrooms does your house have? and what color are your skivvies? any more retarded personal details you want to reveal? like how you're obviously incapable of negotiating a decent rate for car insurance?

Reply to
jim beam

To be more specific, you have never impressed anyone here to any degree...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Spoken like a gentleman, apology accepted.

Reply to
Tony Harding

So again, all you focus on is "how much per month is it".

I pay under $600/YEAR for that coverage.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Location, plus the specifics of the vehicle insured, are major factors in the cost of insurance. OTOH, I would not pay the premium monthly, additional cost isn't worth it (to me, anyway, YMMV, of course).

Reply to
Tony Harding

On 6/1/2010 10:13 PM Al spake these words of knowledge:

Son, you've got me actually rooting for Beam. That's despicable. Please go away.

RFT!!! Dave Kelsen

Reply to
Dave Kelsen

iow, he's a loser living hand to mouth. while there's nothing wrong with that, it's ridiculous that he's trying to paint a different story, but is too retarded to carry the lie.

Reply to
jim beam

Depends on where you live. If you live down south or west its going to be much more. Anything in the Northeast is going to be higher and what kind of car you drive. If you drive a $27,000.00 car its going to be more.

Reply to
Al

What is a looser living hand to mouth? Do you make up you're own expressions too? By the way, I'm a conservative, not a Liberal. I'm not painting a picture of anything. I'm middle class, live in the burbs etc etc like most of the people on this board probably are.

Reply to
Al

  1. it's spelled "l-o-s-e-r", loser.
  2. it's not "you're" [which is short for "you are"], it's "y-o-u-r".
  3. you're not a conservative - you're too retarded to be a conservative.
  4. you're not middle class - middle class people went to schools that taught them how to spell.
  5. living in one room of your mom's trailer in barstow, ca. is not "the burbs" - it's where losers live.
  6. your final word should have been "do", not "are". see #'s 1, 2, 3 &
4 above.
Reply to
jim beam

Well I have to confess...I am a bad speller even though I went to college and graduated and became a middle class person. I'm actually a constitution party member, which is basically an extreme conservative. I'm a right wing extremist and I denounce you! Although I was in Los Angeles a few years back thats not where I live now. I already told you I'm in the North East! Its a house in the burbs not a trailer.

Reply to
Al

loser.http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/loser?jss=0>>

so your mom rents a house and not a trailer? that still means you're a loser.

and it's "t-h-a-t-'-s", not "thats". as in "that is". goddamned retard.

Reply to
jim beam

This is on a $31,000 car, moron.

but then, I know how much my premium is and what it covers--essentially, I know the details of the product I'm buying and how much I'm paying for it.

Not just "how much are you going to take out of my bank account every month?".

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

But, ... but, ... why would you want to know crap like that? :)

Reply to
Tony Harding