Differences between a 2010 Civic and Elantra

Page 3 of 3

Al, We have both Hondas and Hyundai's in my family and like them both. The Hyundai's have proven to be nicely made, reliable cars. The Honda's are a little better appointed and use nicer interior materials. They are generally faster, with a lot more 'Zoom' if that floats your boat. The Hyundai's are an outstanding value and will do the job. My 5 year old Santa Fe is coming up on 60 K and has been incredibly reliable. Same for my sister's Sonata and my cousins Elantra. However, I really enjoy unleashing the 3.0 in my wife's Accord EX every once in a while.
If you're trying to conserve cash, the Hyundai is definitely the way to go. You won't be disappointed. Jon

I have never driven an Elantra but I doubt it matches Civic in handling, performance, refinement and quality. You get what you pay for.
Bob Jones wrote:

The current Elantra may not match the Civic for handling or performance, but it is close in refinement and quality. Long-term reliability is somewhat of a question mark, but Elantra will likely still be more reliable over the long term than a Detroit 3 competitor. I know quite a few owners of 2001 and newer Elantras who love their cars because they have been surprisingly more reliable than they expected.
Although it will be several years yet, I have considered an Elantra Touring wagon for my next car... unless Honda decides to resurrect the Civic wagon (the Fit is too small for my liking).