Different tyre size on alloys

Hi, I own a '91 Honda Prelude, currently fitted with steel wheels and

195/60/R14 tyres. I've just bought a second hand set of alloys with 185/60/R14 tyres. Can I use them?
Reply to
Jason S via CarKB.com

T L via CarKB.com

Excuse my noobness, but what is a bolt pattern?

Reply to
mahadragon

I was thinking more about the tyres, same radius but going from 195/60 to

185/60...

T L wrote:

Reply to
Jason S via CarKB.com

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Some Hondas have a 4-bolt mounting,and others a 5-bolt mounting,and different auto makes(Toyota,Nissan) have different bolt spacings. There are some "universal" bolt-pattern wheels,but I think they look crappy with those empty extra holes.

You may also need different lug nuts. (smaller diameter to fit the smaller holes,& needing a different lug wrench!)

anti-theft wheel locks are advisable,too.I've seen far too many cars on blocks and NO wheels from visits by MidNite Auto Parts.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

speedo will read slightly high.

Reply to
jim beam

but safety / handling wise, using slightly narrower tyres won't make a difference?

jim beam wrote:

Reply to
Jason S via CarKB.com

not so you'd notice. you get more difference tire brand to tire brand.

Reply to
jim beam