Different tyre size on alloys

Hi, I own a '91 Honda Prelude, currently fitted with steel wheels and 195/60/R14 tyres. I've just bought a second hand set of alloys with 185/60/R14 tyres. Can I use them?

if the bolt pattern is the same, yes.
Jason S wrote:

Excuse my noobness, but what is a bolt pattern?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

Some Hondas have a 4-bolt mounting,and others a 5-bolt mounting,and different auto makes(Toyota,Nissan) have different bolt spacings. There are some "universal" bolt-pattern wheels,but I think they look crappy with those empty extra holes.
You may also need different lug nuts. (smaller diameter to fit the smaller holes,& needing a different lug wrench!)
anti-theft wheel locks are advisable,too.I've seen far too many cars on blocks and NO wheels from visits by MidNite Auto Parts.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
T L wrote:

Jason S via CarKB.com wrote:

speedo will read slightly high.

but safety / handling wise, using slightly narrower tyres won't make a difference?
jim beam wrote:

Jason S via CarKB.com wrote:

not so you'd notice. you get more difference tire brand to tire brand.