Digital Spedometer On 2010 Civic ?

Page 4 of 4

Daved

I have had my 2007 for nearly 3 years now, I love the digital display, I also like the digital mpg, gas & temp displays, it is so much easier to read than analogue I know I am going 35 not somewhere between 35-40, cuts down on my speeding too....40 is 40 not somewhere near that and being high on the dash you are aware of it....someone else said it too, on the few rare times I drive my truck, the analogue spedo is hard to read and I find myself driving much faster. That said, to each their own...I just wonder if you are pre disposed to not liking it because it all looks so different....IMO normal is overrated.

I've seen a few digital speedometers...to busy for my tastes, especially at night. In my business, the last thing you want to see are numbers in a digital display constantly changing.

Agreed. For some reason (perhaps because I'm not used to it??) digital gages stand out too much for me and too distracting when they constantly flash new numbers. I found myself watching the mpg digital gage the other day as I'm still getting used to a new CR-V. I guess I'm getting old :( Not good because I need to watch the road more like I do in my much older Accord.