Diminished Value Insurance Claim - S2000

I recently crashed my 2006 s2000 resulting in about $10K damage. The other guy is at fault. I am told that I can make a diminished value claim against his
insurance. The diminished value is the difference between the value of the vehicle when it was unwrecked and value of the vehicle after it was repaired. (Given a choice, people prefer a vehicle that has never been wrecked.)
I found several websites that can provide diminished value estimates. Are these good for submitting proof or do I need to get a local estimator?
Anyone made such a claim?
Thanks
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:33:55 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net wrote:

Don't know, but my neighbor just had a six month old TL bashed by a hit and run driver, since caught (20yo kid in a new Tundra or something 1:45AM, you do the math). $19k in repairs! I mentioned to her she could make additional claims direct, but I know nothing about the mechanics, so would like to see what others say. Presume you need a lawyer to proceed with anything of the sort.
J.